>

Eva Cassidy

Mehr
21 Jahre 6 Tage her #15179 von Waldfee
Eva Cassidy wurde erstellt von Waldfee
heya,

tolle Stimme und nette Musik :wink:

Eva Cassidy

The heart-tugging story of Eva Cassidy reads almost like the plot of a Movie of the Week tearjerker. A native of the Washington, D.C., area, the painfully shy Cassidy earned a local reputation as a masterful interpreter of standards from virtually any genre, blessed with technical agility and a searching passion that cut straight to the emotional core of her material. Despite the evocative instrument that was Cassidy's voice, record companies shied away from her, unsure of how to market her eclectic repertoire; for her part, Cassidy adamantly refused to allow herself to be pigeonholed, prizing the music above any potential fame. In 1996, just when she had begun to record more frequently on a small, local basis, Cassidy was diagnosed with cancer, which had already spread throughout her body and rapidly claimed her life. But her story didn't end there; her music was posthumously championed by a BBC disc jockey, and amazingly, the anthology Songbird became a number-one million-selling smash in England.

Eva Cassidy - Songbird (P) 1998

tracklist:

1. Fields of Gold (Sting [1]) - 4:42
2. Wade in the Water (Traditional) - 4:02
3. Autumn Leaves (Kosma/Mercer/Prevert) - 4:41
4. Wayfaring Stranger (Traditional) - 4:26
5. Songbird (McVie) - 3:43
6. Time Is a Healer (Scanlon/Smith) - 4:16
7. I Know You By Heart (Nelson/Scanlon) - 3:59
8. People Get Ready (Mayfield) - 3:16
9. Oh, Had I a Golden Thread (Seeger) - 4:49
10. Over the Rainbow (Arlen/Harburg) - 4:57

Eva Cassidy - Imagine (P) 2002

tracklist:

1. It Doesn't Matter Anymore (Anka) - 3:13
2. Fever (Cooley/Davenport) - 3:57
3. Who Knows Where the Time Goes? (Denny) - 5:41
4. You've Changed (Carey/Fischer) - 4:48
5. Imagine (Lennon) - 4:36
6. Still Not Ready (Izzi/LaSota) - 4:48
7. Early Morning Rain (Lightfoot) - 4:05
8. Tennessee Waltz (King/Stewart) - 2:33
9. I Can Only Be Me (Wonder) - 3:17
10. Danny Boy (Traditional) - 3:43

...und es gibt sicher noch weitere nette Alben :wink:

PN oder :slsk:

have a great day
waldfee

hey DJ, spiel doch mal ein Tobacco Road!

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
21 Jahre 6 Tage her #15180 von raskolnikov
raskolnikov antwortete auf Eva Cassidy
hoi boardies,

wie boardie waldfee erwähnt hat , es gibt noch weitere alben:

eva cassidy:
eva by heart-1997
live at blues alley-1997
no boundaries-2000

infos bei AMG

es ist indertat schwer diese dame ehrlich zu beurteilen---> wie boardie waldfee meldet :

The heart-tugging story of Eva Cassidy reads almost like the plot of a Movie of the Week tearjerker

mal googlen und man bekommt ne menge infos über evas leben und krankheit usw / reviews verweisen immer wieder nach diesen sachen musi wird nicht besprochen

aber mein lieblingsstück ist:
the other side-1992

AMG dazu : "Lovers of '50s MOR will love this release; everyone else, will not."

MOR = middle of the road :oops:

nunja rasks geschmack 8)

mfg
raskolnikov aka dirk :wink:

Noise annoys, music can be amusing and silence is a rhythm too
alle menschen sind ausländer - fast überall

Mehr
21 Jahre 1 Tag her #15229 von Waldfee
Waldfee antwortete auf Eva Cassidy
Eva Cassidy - Time After Time (P) 2000

Eva Cassidy has achieved worldwide acclaim as a peerless interpreter of tunes ranging from Sting's "Fields of Gold" to standards such as "Over the Rainbow" (both of which appear on the 1998 release Songbird). Sadly, Eva Cassidy passed away on November 2, 1996, following a battle with cancer. She was only 33 years old. Her pristine singing voice and choice of songs add poignancy to her recordings that admittedly make her music more effective. But even if she had lived, her ability to make even the most familiar songs fresh through the sheer power of her voice would still earn her the well-deserved praise that, sadly, she never lived to see.
Ironically, Eva Cassidy never intended to be a professional singer. Working as a landscaper by day and living in Bowie, MD, just outside of Washington, DC, she was eventually coaxed into performing and eventually began making her way through D.C.-area clubs; the 1996 album Live at Blues Alley is an effective introduction to her live work. Hooking up with producer Chris Biondo in his Maryland studio, and incorporating a range of styles with roots in folk, jazz, gospel, and blues, she recorded material ranging from the traditional "Oh, I Had a Golden Thread" to the Christine McVie-penned "Songbird"; much of this material was eventually released on posthumous collections such as Eva By Heart.

The 2000 release Time After Time is a collection of 12 previously unreleased Eva Cassidy performances; primarily studio recordings, Time After Time also includes four live tracks. This album continues the tradition set by previous Eva Cassidy releases: a mix of traditional favorites such as "I Wandered by a Brookside" and more contemporary songs like the title track, a remake of the 1984 Cyndi Lauper hit. Eva Cassidy was quite capable of handling up-tempo material, as Time After Time's version of the Box Tops hit "The Letter" proves. It is the slower material, however, that is ultimately more affecting; "Woodstock" (written by Joni Mitchell) and "Kathy's Song" (Paul Simon) are brilliant examples of Eva Cassidy's interpretive skills and are easily the album's best tracks.

Calling Eva Cassidy one of the best singers who ever lived could easily be considered an overstatement. But to her dedicated fans, Eva Cassidy is worthy of such praise. Time After Time is a solid collection from an amazingly gifted singer who died too soon.

tracklist:

1. Kathy's Song (Simon) - 2:47
2. Ain't No Sunshine (Withers) - 3:26
3. The Letter (Thompson) - 4:15
4. At Last (Gordon/Warren) - 2:58
5. Time After Time (Hyman/Lauper) - 4:00
6. Penny to My Name (Henderson) - 3:41
7. I Wandered by a Brookside (Traditional) - 3:31
8. I Wish I Was a Single Girl Again (Howard) - 2:29
9. Easy Street Dream (Digman) - 3:20
10. Anniversary Song (Digman) - 2:54
11. Woodstock (Mitchell) - 4:21
12. Way Beyond the Blue (Traditional) - 2:26

have :slsk: great day
waldfee

Mehr
21 Jahre 22 Stunden her #15231 von Waldfee
Waldfee antwortete auf Eva Cassidy
Eva Cassidy - Method Actor (P) 2002

Before the late Eva Cassidy pursued a solo career, she was the lead singer for Method Actors — an obscure Washington D.C.-based pop/rock outfit that producer/songwriter/guitarist David Christopher founded in 1987. Commercially, Method Actors didn't get very far, and the little-known band provided only one album during its three-year existence. This self-titled effort, in fact, had very limited distribution when Christopher released it on vinyl and cassette in 1988; a mere 2,000 copies were manufactured. And after Cassidy's death from cancer in 1996, Method Actors' LP/cassette became a collector's item — hard-to-find copies were selling for as much as 500 dollars on the e-bay website. But in 2002, this album became much easier to obtain when Q&W Music Group reissued it on CD and added two 1989 recordings as bonus tracks ("The Waiting Is Over" and "Little Children"). Those who know Cassidy for her rootsier solo efforts of the '90s might be surprised to learn that a slicker approach prevails on Method Actors' album, but slick doesn't necessarily mean unfeeling or without substance — and Cassidy's soulfulness comes through on songs (all of which Christopher wrote or co-wrote) that range from the melancholy "Stay" to the sentimental ballad "Forever." The CD's most rootsy offering is the blues-rock number "Getting Out"; this is the track that has the most in common with Cassidy's '90s solo work. Is Method Actors' album in a class with Cassidy's best solo projects? No; when these recordings were made in 1987, 1988, and 1989, the singer's best performances were yet to come. Nonetheless, all of the material is pleasing and enjoyable, and Cassidy's hardcore fans will find that these recordings have a great deal of historic value.

tracklist:

1. Getting Out performed by Method Actor / Cassidy - 4:19
2. Look in to My Eyes performed by Method Actor / Cassidy - 4:16
3. When It's Too Late performed by Method Actor / Cassidy - 5:00
4. Laugh With Me performed by Method Actor / Cassidy - 3:43
5. Stay performed by Method Actor / Cassidy - 5:24
6. Little Children performed by Method Actor / Cassidy - 3:31
7. Forever performed by Method Actor / Cassidy - 5:51
8. End the Rain performed by Method Actor / Cassidy - 4:21
9. How Will It End performed by Method Actor / Cassidy - 3:38
10. The Waiting Is Over performed by Method Actor / Cassidy - 3:28

have a :slsk: night
waldfee

Mehr
20 Jahre 9 Monate her #15707 von raskolnikov
raskolnikov antwortete auf Eva Cassidy
hoi boardies,

dies lag heute im player:

eva cassidy: live at pearl -1994

ist bootleg aber imho seeehr gut

trackliste auf backcoverchen
>
www.chezlaurent.com/boots/artwork/Eva%20...%2094%20-%20Back.jpg

mfg
raskolnikov aka dirk :wink:

Noise annoys, music can be amusing and silence is a rhythm too
alle menschen sind ausländer - fast überall

Moderatoren: CharNodeSilberdistelloggejuke_boxcntrMorPHeus
Zum Seitenanfang