Mehr
21 Jahre 8 Monate her #11956 von raskolnikov
ireland : sharon shannon wurde erstellt von raskolnikov
hoi boardies,

Sharon Shannon:
The Diamond Mountain sessions/2001
Live in Galway(with Woodchoppers)/2001

trackliste bei amazon

Die Roots von Country & Western, von Hillbilly und Bluegrass liegen in Irland. Das beweist eindrucksvoll auch das vierte Album The Diamond Mountain Sessions der ehemaligen Waterboys-Gefährtin Sharon Shannon. Zusammen mit hochkarätigen Gästen wie Country-Rebell Steve Earle , Westcoast-Rocker Jackson Browne oder den einstigen irischen Hitparadenstürmern The Hothouse Flowers baut die großartige Akkordeon- und Geigen-Virtuosin akustische Brücken von der irischen zur amerikanischen Kultur. Dabei macht sie keinerlei Zugeständnisse an Radioformate oder gar Popcharts.
Im Gegenteil: Sämtliche 14 Songs berichten von Guinness geschwängerter Pub-Atmosphäre, stehen in der Tradition von Irish-Folk-Legenden wie Johnny Doran oder Seán O Riada. Statt die Aufnahmen massenkompatibel auf Hochglanz zu polieren, setzte Sharon Shannon auf das Einfangen der berühmten "magischen Momente" in dem kleinen Studio im irischen Connemara. Und davon gab es offenbar reichlich: So hörte man Steve Earle wohl nie versöhnlicher als bei "The Galway Girl", gibt es kaum ein schöneres Liebeslied als das von John Prine und Mary Staunton intonierte "Love Love Love". Wer ein Faible für irische Musik hat, sollte sich diese CD keinesfalls entgehen lassen. --Gunther Matejka
(quelle: amazon.de)

ein amazon kunde meint zu Diamond Mnt sessions:

"Too many friends, too little Sharon , March 21, 2001
Reviewer: David C Hutchison (see more about me) from Roseburg, OR USA
The best part of every song is when Sharon's nimble fingers take over the tune. The instrumentals are the best part for me and the fiddling Woodchopper's "Fire in the Bellies" make me stop what I'm doing everytime (washing dishes, playing with the dog, etc.) and listen in wonder. Steve Earle's "Galway Girl" is a hit. But there are other singing friends here that change the mood away from what Sharon does best. For example, Jackson Browne--and I've owned his vinyl for decades--sounds okay, but the part of his song where Sharon plays is the part of the song I'm humming later in the day. In other words, when you can play accordion like this and have a band like the Woodchoppers, who needs singing friends? Luckily, there are some GREAT tunes here many tunes feature Shannon at her best , but I still think Sharon's "Spellbound" cd is far more consistently wonderful. (December 2001 update:) If you can find The Diamond Mountain Sessions Limited Edition, which includes a second CD, a live concert recorded in Galway about a year ago and featuring JUST Sharon Shannon and the Woodchoppers (including the fabulous Kane sisters and Sharon's sister, Mary), then buy it. The 2 cd set easily rates 6 stars, because the live cd setlist features one wonderful tune after another. Not a weak link, nor a tune you'll want to skip, on the entire cd. There is a "Live In Galway" cd now available at Amazon.uk, and the songlist is identical to the live recording available on the Diamond Mountain Sessions Limited edition.-->die platte meine ich

kann herrn Hutchison nur recht geben!!!

Falls nach mehr schmeckt--> 1991 debut "Sharon Shannon" steht hier auch im regal :D (war damals die "best selling traditional album ever" platte

mfg
raskolnikov aka dirk :wink:

Noise annoys, music can be amusing and silence is a rhythm too
alle menschen sind ausländer - fast überall

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutreten.

Moderatoren: CharNodeSilberdistelloggejuke_boxcntrMorPHeus
Zum Seitenanfang